- hatzbsAsked on July 07, 2016 at 11:48 AM
Note: The EMAIL RECIPIENTS field is a fixed text box.
I wish to CAPTURE the NAMES of my EMAIL NOTIFICATION in my form and send my
automatic notification upon SUBMIT to them. Is this possible? TIA.
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on July 07, 2016 at 12:43 PM
Please correct me if I'm wrong: What you want is upon submission of form, you want the person who submitted the form to receive a copy of the information he sent --If this is what you mean, you can add an email autoresponder to your form. You can read more on this user guide to know how to add an autoresponder email alert on to your form: https://www.jotform.com/help/26-Creating-a-Form-Autoresponder
If you have further questions or concerns, please do let us know.
- hatzbsAnswered on July 07, 2016 at 01:06 PM
No. Depending, for example, on time of day, notification of form SUBMISSION will go to recipient X or Y or Z, OR X&Y&Z, etc. I must 1. provide a drop down box populated with the name and email addresses of X,Y, AND/OR Z and then 2. NOTIFY via JotForm email NOTIFICATION X,Y, and/or Z as selected in drop down box.
This is my requirement. Kindly advise and again TIA.
- JotForm SupportJim_RAnswered on July 07, 2016 at 02:35 PM
That's achievable by using Conditions to send out Email Notifications based on a selection [GUIDE: How-to-Send-Email-Based-on-Selection]
The general workflow would be as follows:
1. You create multiple Email Notifications that point to different email addresses:
(In the example above, I added 3 notifications, each of which with different email)
2. You add a dropdown menu to your form containing your selections (e.g. I used the same on your example, X Y and Z)
3. Then you setup your conditions based on the selected option from the dropdown menu:
And that's basically it. I highly recommend you read the guide I mentioned above if you need more info on how to set it up.
Hope this helps!
- JotForm SupportJim_RAnswered on July 07, 2016 at 02:58 PM