JotForm is a free online form builder which helps you create online forms without writing a single line of code. No sign-up required.
We believe that if one user has a question, there could be more users who may have the same question. This is why many of our support forum threads are public and available to be searched and viewed. If you’d like help immediately, feel free to search for a similar question, or submit your question or concern.
Conditions: "Delete" action is affecting to the wrong condition and "Disable" action is not workingAsked by nikkimoses on July 09, 2016 at 09:31 PM
Hi! I've used your form software for a while now. 2 or 3 years ago, I set up fairly complex conditions for my forms that worked well. I've gone in recently to make changes to them, and the software is doing very strange things. When I delete one condition, it deletes ALL of them. When I disable a condition, I have to first move it to the top of the conditions area and then disable it, or it deletes or disables the wrong conditions. Also, I am changing fields in the conditions and hitting save and then it goes back to what it originally was. It is virtually unusable due to these errors. I do not think this is user error, as I am very knowledgeable in these things and was able to originally set up these complicated forms with ease. I am very frustrated; I have spent hours trying to get these changes to work on my forms and can't get anywhere with it. Help!!
I am providing the form URL below for one of the forms, but I am having this problem in all of the forms I previously created.
I have checked your form and I can see the issue, for example, it is not disabling the condition, and when you delete a condition it deletes all the condition and only one is still there, when it should deleted the selected condition and keep the other conditions.
I will report this issue to our second level, our developers will investigate the issue and you will be notified via this thread when this is resolved.
Hi! Thanks for looking into this for me! I cloned the form and deleted all the conditions and re-entered all of them newly, and now it works fine. I can disable and delete without it affecting the other conditions. I wonder if this all happened because I originally built the form a long time ago, and you guys have changed your programming since then, and it didn’t translate over well. This is a problem for me because my other two forms have even more conditions, and the same error happens when I try to work on them. I hope your developer can solve this so I don’t have to rebuild all of those conditions on the other two forms I have.
Ph: (818) 745-9558 * Fax: (818) 334-5615
Thank you for your update. We will definitely let you know as soon as we have any news from our developers.