- LainieMacAsked on July 10, 2016 at 09:36 PM
I am trying to add my signature to a contract submitted but a client. I have the edit link inserted, and it allows me to edit the form, but how do I save the changes? When I hit submit, it just says "please wait" but nothing ever happens. I have tried both on my computer and on my phone.
- JotForm SupportKiranAnswered on July 11, 2016 at 03:00 AM
I believe that you are referring to the form titled "2016 Wedding Contract". I am able to replicate the issue with the cloned version of your JotForm. It looks like that the issue seems to be a conflict with the smooth signature widget and Stripe payment field. When the payment field is removed, I was able to update the signature while editing the submission. Please allow me some time to check this and get back to you with relevant information.
Thank you for your patience.
- JotForm SupportKiranAnswered on July 11, 2016 at 11:35 AM
Thanks for being patient. I have tested the issue further and found that it happens only when the submission is edited from the Submissions view. However, the edit submission works fine when the Edit submission link is used. You may get the Edit submission to your notification by adding the field Edit Link.
Or you may generate the Edit link by using
I'm also forwarding the issue to our backend team to take a look. Once we have any update in this regard, you'll be posted here. Meanwhile, you may use the direct Edit submission link to edit the submission.
Please let us know if you need any further assistance. We will be happy to assist.
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on July 12, 2016 at 01:08 PM
Are you still experiencing this problem? I tried to recreate it but to no avail.
- LainieMacAnswered on July 12, 2016 at 01:45 PMThanks so much! I'm actually out of town but will check on this tomorrow
- LainieMacAnswered on July 15, 2016 at 07:45 AMI'm still not able to edit this form to add signatures. Here is the link I
tried following based on your recommendations above.
- LainieMacAnswered on July 15, 2016 at 07:45 AMIt looks like the edit link option can only be added to the email that goes
to the client and not the email that comes back to me. This is not very
helpful, as I would like the bride and groom to sign the contract first and
then complete it with my signature. Is there a way around this?
- LainieMacAnswered on July 15, 2016 at 07:45 AMProblem solvedI I was finally able to get my changes to save.
- JotForm SupportKiranAnswered on July 15, 2016 at 09:01 AM
Thanks for the confirmation that the issue is now resolved for you. You may add the edit link to the notifier and auto-responder as well from the email setup wizard as provided in the screenshot from my earlier post.
Please get back to us if you need any further assistance. We will be happy to help.