- ejaraicieAsked on November 10, 2010 at 12:59 AM
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on November 10, 2010 at 01:55 AM
Yes, you can prevent form to be submitted multiple times from a computer. Enable "Check Uniqueness" from Preferences:
1. Click on "Setup & Share" on the toolbar tabs
2. Click on Preferences
3. Change "Unique Submission" to "Strict Check"
Strict check will check with Cookie and IP address. Loose check will only check by cookie.
- ejaraicieAnswered on November 10, 2010 at 02:34 AM
Thank You aytekin. First let me say this site is the best as this is my first time using it. In regards to your response, I used that feature before but it only works for IP address from what i see. So if a corporation has a hundred computers all using the same public IP address then only one form can be submitted from that location.
Will Loose Restriction help in the above case? Is there something else i can do?
Lastly the ultimate request would be to prevent duplicate data by field and not entire forms as many people can have the same name but not the same email address. But i guess we can filter that out on our own by excel/csv. It just seems a waste of our purchased storage and number of monthly submissions.
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on November 10, 2010 at 05:31 AM
Yes, Loose Check will do what we would like. It will only check by cookie. So, it would only block users on the same browser.
Unfortunately, we do not have anything to block or remove duplicate entries. I think the best solution is to sort and remove them on Excel.
- ocryanAnswered on October 25, 2011 at 07:03 PM
I don't mean to bring up an old thread, but I can't find this preferences window for my free account. Do you need a paid account to access this preference?
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on October 25, 2011 at 07:14 PM
This is quite an old thread which references a very old version of JotForm. Our support team members have answered your query in the new thread that you opened. Please do check it out and let us know if you need further assistance.