JotForm is a free online form builder which helps you create online forms without writing a single line of code. No sign-up required.
We believe that if one user has a question, there could be more users who may have the same question. This is why many of our support forum threads are public and available to be searched and viewed. If you’d like help immediately, feel free to search for a similar question, or submit your question or concern.
Creating a scoring form using conditions and calculationsAsked by hypnoslimmer on July 12, 2016 at 06:28 AM
I would like to set up a form that asks about 20 questions, with a choice of 4 answers for each question. Each answer has a score. the total score is then added up and emailed to the user.
Is this possible
Please give me more time on this issue, I will contact you once I have a solution. Thank you for your patience.
Thank you for waiting. You can achieve this type of form by using the conditions and the form calculation widget. Please check this demo form: https://form.jotform.com/61935200444954
Here's a guide on how I created this demo form:
1. I used the Radio button for the question and a normal text box for the score for each question.
2. I used the Update/Calculate Field condition.
3. Here's the condition I've used for each answer:
IF -> Question 1 = Answer A -> value 10 will be entered in the Question 1 Result.
4. I created 3 more conditions for the other answers. (Answer B=20, Answer C=30, Answer D=40).
5. You need to create more conditions for your other questions.
6. After that, you need to use the Form Calculation widget to add all values entered on each Question # Result fields.
7. The formula I've used is to add all Question Result fields values.
8. You can hide a field by right clicking it and then selecting the "Hide Field" option.
Here are the user guides that might help you:
Hope that helps. If you have any questions, let us know. Thank you.
PERFECT - Thank you