What is JotForm?
JotForm is a free online form builder which helps you create online forms without writing a single line of code. No sign-up required.
At JotForm, we want to make sure that you’re getting the online form builder help that you need. Our friendly customer support team is available 24/7.
We believe that if one user has a question, there could be more users who may have the same question. This is why many of our support forum threads are public and available to be searched and viewed. If you’d like help immediately, feel free to search for a similar question, or submit your question or concern.
Masked Input widget: showing a zero value even though no default value has been setup.Asked by nikiwood on July 12, 2016 at 03:16 PM
I'm currently experiencing two issues with my form:
1. I'd like to format numeric inputs (user inputs 24000, it updates to 24,000.00)
2. I'd like a dollar sign in front of the numbers
1. Is there one solution for both these problems?
2. What's the best option for input formatting here? Input masks don't work as there are too many variables, and number fields seem to offer even fewer formatting options than text fields.
3. According to my research the Calculation Widget would help - will this mean redoing all of the calculations currently in the conditional formatting, or is it possible to use the widget for formatting purposes only?
I'd really appreciate some guidance on this. Thank you in advance.
Numeric for calculations format variables
This is possible to accomplish with the Masked Input widget: http://widgets.jotform.com/widget/masked_input
Give it a try, and let us know if you need more help.
Thanks for your reply.
We've tried this widget but, as previously stated, there are too many variables for this to work. If I enter $##,###.## for the input mask (so users can enter say, $24,000.00), then for any input below 10,000 there's a 0 in front of the number. So $8,000.00 becomes $08,000.00.
Is there a workaround for this?
Thank you in advance!
You are correct, even though there is not default value, a zero values shows up:
I will forward this to our widgets team. You will be updated via this thread when it gets fixed.
Okay we'll keep an eye out for that, thank you for your help!
We've fixed it. When a default value is not provided, the input box will be empty.
Please check - let us know.