- drainboltAsked on July 15, 2016 at 01:09 PM
I'm using the configurable list widget in my form. I've had a request from submitters to turn the hint values into default values. Is there a way to do this?
- JotForm SupportJohn_BensonAnswered on July 15, 2016 at 02:15 PM
If I understand you correctly, you would like the Hint Text to become the Default value in your Configurable List widget. If yes, then it is possible by using the "static" parameter.
Currently, this how your widget looks like:
Here's a guide on how to change it to static text or default value:
1. Select the widget and then click the wand icon.
2. Replace the value "text" and use "static" instead.
3. For the drop down, you can just replace the "Please Select" to the value that you like. For example: New or Existing: drop down: New, Existing: New
Here's the result:
Hope that helps. Thanks!
- drainboltAnswered on July 15, 2016 at 02:45 PMIt kind of does- thank you for getting back to me. But I still need to them to be able to change the values if they’re something other than the default. Does that make sense?
Warehouse Solutions Project Designer
Crown Lift Trucks
2055 Hammond Drive | Schaumburg, IL 60173
Telephone 847.397.1900 x 79821 | Mobile 224.760.0148
Fax 847.397.1918 | www.crown.schaumburg.com
- JotForm SupportMikeAnswered on July 15, 2016 at 04:18 PM
Unfortunately, the Configurable list widget does not have an option to specify 'default values' for the Text field types.
We have forwarded a feature request ticket to our developers to see if this can be implemented at some point.
There is no ETA for when it can be implemented, but we will let you know if we have any updates.