- CJRothAsked on July 18, 2016 at 09:38 AM
Can I use the Data grid to capture the data entered into the form by the user and have it display to them while they are filling out the form. Then have the user have the option to click on items in the form to add, edit or delete their selection. If so, is their an instructional video on how to set up the Data Grid Widget?
Thank you in advance.
- CharlieAnswered on July 18, 2016 at 09:45 AM
I'm sorry, the Data Grid widget was designed to display static text, it cannot capture data from other form fields.
If I understood the functionality you are looking for, I believe the following widgets would be of help to you:
The widgets above will allow your users to add multiple entries. To add a widget, please follow this guide: https://www.jotform.com/help/252-How-to-Add-a-Widget-to-your-Form
Let us know if that will work.
- CJRothAnswered on July 18, 2016 at 12:45 PMThank you for your response. Unfortunately , this is not what I am looking for. I don't want my users to make the list, I want the list to populate with the information that is input into the form. I have attached the part of the form I am working on so you can see what I need to do.
Thank again for your help and support as always! Your customer service is outstanding.
The part highlighted in red on the document is what I am trying to achieve. After each license is input it appears in a summary in a table so the user can see what they have entered and have the option to modify any of them.
Thank you again!
- CJRothAnswered on July 18, 2016 at 01:45 PMHere is a link to an online application that shows what I am trying to accomplish.
- JotForm SupportKiranAnswered on July 18, 2016 at 03:18 PM
Unfortunately, we do not have any widgets with this functionality. The configurable list widget is closely matching to the requirement since this widget can have different types of input fields. However, it cannot display the entered fields as the grid you mentioned.
If you need any further assistance in this regard, please let us know. We will be happy to help.