- WTTIAsked on July 19, 2016 at 01:37 PM
Captcha appears after the submit button is clicked. I do not want to use Captcha. How can I remove this?
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on July 19, 2016 at 02:06 PM
I checked your most recent form and was not presented with a captcha. If you wouldn't mind letting us know which form you are having trouble with, we will be happy to have another look. Since it looks like you are in the U.S., you shouldn't be seeing the extra captcha from our hosting provider.
- WTTIAnswered on July 19, 2016 at 02:45 PMOk. My forms are all embeded in my site on this page. All of the forms direct to captcha once the submit button is clicked. http://www.welderinstitute.com/contact-us/
Thanks for your help!
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on July 19, 2016 at 02:53 PM
Very odd, I just tested one of your forms and was not redirected to a captcha. Usually, the captcha after the submit button is pressed is a security measure by our hosting provider. This captcha is normally only shown to users in certain regions and normally not to anyone inside the U.S.
Try replacing the current embed code for one of your forms with the iFrame code:
This will ensure nothing in your page is causing the captcha to trigger. If the captcha is still present, let us know and we will take another look. Though the captcha may be caused by your current location or something unforeseen on your network.
- WTTIAnswered on July 20, 2016 at 09:45 AMThanks.
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on July 20, 2016 at 11:24 AM
If possible, try from a device outside the network you are currently testing from. If you have a cell phone with wireless instead of using wifi, that is usually the easiest. If there is no captcha, then it is not your location, it is something on your network. If there is a captcha then it is likely your location.