- pardop1Asked on July 19, 2016 at 04:22 PM
when i highlight text in the label of a text field, lets say, to replace part of it, when i try to paste the new content over the highlighter area, i am kicked out of the field. I have to click in the label area, go to the end and then delete by backspacing - sometimes i can get to the part of the sentence i want to change and edit, but it is hit or miss. other field labels do not do this - something is wrong - this has benign going on for the year or so i have been using your program. Please address my concern.
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on July 19, 2016 at 06:08 PM
When the field is first double clicked to edit the label, the full label will be highlighted automatically. Single clicking after that should allow for placing the cursor where the single click occurred. The easiest way to update labels if this is not working correctly on your end would be to click on the field, then click on the little gear icon in the top right of the field:
Click on edit properties to open that fields properties. The labels and such can be changed from that interface much more easily than they can in the small amount of space provided for labels.
- JotForm SupportChriistianAnswered on July 19, 2016 at 10:43 PM
I tried replicating your steps but I cannot seem to replicate the issue. Please see the screen recording below. First, I doubled clicked on the text area label, then I highlighted a certain area of the label. I pasted new content over the highlighted area, but I was not kicked out of the label area. Please confirm if I followed your steps correctly.
May I ask which browser you were using when you encountered the issue? I will wait for your response.
- pardop1Answered on July 19, 2016 at 11:45 PMI am using safari on a mac and the check box label field works as you illustrate below, but there has been ongoing issues editing content of text field labels - it’s very annoying.
- JotForm SupportChriistianAnswered on July 20, 2016 at 01:26 AM
Apologies but I am currently unable to test the issue on a Mac emulator. May I ask if you also encounter this issue while using Google Chrome on your mac? We do recommend using Chrome or Firefox for the best experience when building your forms.
If you like, I can send a feature request on your behalf for the Edit Properties' label option to be turned into a Text Area instead of the current textbox. However, we cannot assure if or when this feature request may be implemented. I will wait for your response.
- pardop1Answered on July 20, 2016 at 02:45 AMI'll try one of the other browsers, however since it only seems to be an issue w the one field type, I doubt the browser is the problem
Yes, please submit the ticket. Thanks! PM
Sent from my iPhone
- JotForm SupportChriistianAnswered on July 20, 2016 at 04:33 AM
Thank you for your confirmation. I have created a new thread for your feature request. If there are any updates, we will let you know on that thread. Simply follow this link: https://www.jotform.com/answers/886606. Regards.