- DPetersonAsked on July 20, 2016 at 04:24 PM
I'm trying to create a pdf. The PDF that is created only contains the text and none of the survey fields are in the pdf.
- JotForm SupportMike_GAnswered on July 20, 2016 at 06:13 PM
I have cloned your form and tried to create a fillable PDF copy of the cloned form and see what you mean.
It seems that if the set alignment of the field labels is top or auto it will result to such.
I suggest you change the field label alignment of the fields on your form to left before creating the fillable PDF copy.
See if this helps and let us know if you need any further assistance. Thank you.
- DPetersonAnswered on July 21, 2016 at 07:45 AMAs you see in what you sent me, the survey response areas still do not appear, even when you align the labels to the left. There are no “choices” to rate the answers on a scale of 1 to 5, which I have in the original form. If you look at the form you will see what I mean.
- CharlieAnswered on July 21, 2016 at 09:47 AM
Unfortunately, I believe the Star rating, Scale rating and the spinner in the survey tools will be displayed as a plain input text box when you convert a form to a fillable PDF. You can check this guide to learn more about this: https://www.jotform.com/help/312-Fillable-PDF-Everything-you-need-to-know-about-JotForm-Fillable-PDF-Creator
I have quoted it here:
"Form Collapse (5) and Page Break (6) fields are not shown on your PDF jotforms and the Star Rating (1), Scale Rating (2) and Spinner (3) will fall back to the plain input (text box) so you are still able to have the rating entered. The Matrix (4) field works as expected."
I hope that helps.
- DPetersonAnswered on July 21, 2016 at 10:45 AMThat’s unfortunate, but thanks for looking it up for me.
Dory Peterson x5001
- JotForm SupportMikeAnswered on July 21, 2016 at 12:00 PM
As a workaround, you might consider using Matrix fields.
They are supported on fillable PDFs.
In case you do not need fillable functionality, you can print your current form to the PDF file with Google Chrome.