- reachrecoveryAsked on July 21, 2016 at 06:23 PM
Why do my forms stop getting synced to Box? It seems they work fine for awhile then I have to re-integrate it with Box again which is a pain. Why does this keep happening? It's very frustrating.
- victorAnswered on July 21, 2016 at 06:39 PM
Sorry for the inconvenience. To assist you better could you please indicate how often this occurs and indicate how long it works before it gets disconnected.
You may also try the following and see if this resolve the issue
a. Remove the Box.net integration to your form
b. Go to box.net website and login to your account
c. Go to My Application: https://app.box.com/services/browse/my
e. Remove Jotform from the list:
f. Login to your account and re-integrate the form to box.net and see what will happen.
- reachrecoveryAnswered on July 25, 2016 at 08:47 PM
This happens every month or two. I notice is when I get an email for Jotform, but then when I check my Box Folder it has not synced. I have to go to the form, remove the integration and re-intergrate. After I do this it works. I'm not sure why it keeps losing the integration. I never had this problem with Dropbox, so it must be something Box does. It is frustrating. Thanks.
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on July 25, 2016 at 11:03 PM
Thanks for your reply.
As of right now, upon trying it with one of my form, the Box integration is working. I could not reproduce the problem.
Sample form: https://form.jotform.com/62069076963970
While I am not quite certain what causes the box integration to occasionally fail, I can only assume that it has relation to the Box updates or the integration itself is not responding.
Unfortunately, the easiest way to get this resolved is to recreate the integration so the API keys provided from your Box account will connect again with JotForm.
If you have further questions, do let us know.
- reachrecoveryAnswered on July 26, 2016 at 10:45 AMYes. I know it works upon creation and it works after I re-integrate. The issue is I have multiple forms that are synced to Box. I cannot know when these stop working except when I don't see it sync after I get an email from Jotform. I have to copy manually. Mind as well not even have integration. Because Box is HIPPA compliant they are probably always updating the API to keep it from being stored or intercepted. Probably part of their security protocol (revolving API strings). This is very annoying and I would otherwise use Dropbox if we didn't get a deal with Box and have to collect sensitive info.
- victorAnswered on July 26, 2016 at 11:20 AM
Unfortunately, we do not have any control on how many times the third party updates their API. We understand that it is for security reason but that is out of our hands.
Another option would be to use configure your FTP so it will be synced with the submission.
Once it is configured, it will send all the new submission directly to your FTP. This way you do not need to worry about updating the API from the BOX integration.