- richardsinklerAsked on March 31, 2012 at 04:40 PM
In the propertues of the email box, there is an option for email verification, What is that?Page URL:
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on March 31, 2012 at 04:54 PM
If you are refering to E-mail field from JotForm Quick tools, there is only about 2 options that implies to what you were asking -- validation and email confirmation. I could not find email verification property though.
As for the purpose:
1. validation - This property checks the format of the email address entry on the field. It should follow this entry; email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Confirmation - Add an additional entry field to repeat the same email address for correctness.
Hope this answers your inquiry.
- richardsinklerAnswered on March 31, 2012 at 04:59 PM
Thank you. Confirmation is what I meant to say. I apreciate the quick response.
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on March 31, 2012 at 05:01 PM
Glad to be of help. Please feel free to contact us should you require further assistance.
- CJRothAnswered on July 13, 2016 at 12:53 PM
Is there a way to have the 2 email field match up to each other before submitting ( i.e. if one entry is wrong they have to fix it before it submits the email address ). This is very common on the internet when filling out forms.
- IrshadAnswered on July 13, 2016 at 01:50 PM
@CJRoth You can implement a double check (user must input 2 times his email) by using Field confirmation widget.
You can also use this widget E-mail Validator - Verification widgets.
Both widgets are great at what they do and you can use either of them or both on your jotform.
You can see here How to Add a Widget to your Form.
If you have any further questions feel free to let us know.