- mbernierAsked on July 26, 2016 at 11:36 AM
One of my submitters attached the wrong file and they can upload the correct file, but I want to delete the file that should not have been uploaded and can't seem to find how to do that.
- JotForm SupportJohn_BensonAnswered on July 26, 2016 at 01:20 PM
Unfortunately, you need to delete the actual submission so that the uploaded/attached file will be removed.
However, if you just want to let the user "edit" or "replace" the uploaded file, it is possible by sending him/her the Edit Submission link.
1. Get the Submission ID of the form submission. You can do that by going to the Submissions page.
In My Forms, select the form and then click the Submissions button.
In the Submissions page, click the options icon and then enable the ID and then click the options icon again. You can now see the Submission ID at the left side.
2. Now that you have the submission ID, you can now give the Edit Submission link to the user.
Please replace the submission ID in this link, this is just an example.
3. Your user can now re-upload the new file. The old file will be replaced with the new one. You will also receive a new email notification with a "Edit" prefix in the email subject.
Hope this helps. Let us know if there are any problems. Thank you.