- ERIadventuresAsked on July 26, 2016 at 12:52 PM
My company has been using one JotForm account for everyone, and recently has decided that different departments should have their own accounts. I have a lot of existing forms that I don't want to have to re-create in the new account. Is there any way to export them?
- BorisAnswered on July 26, 2016 at 01:38 PM
Yes, there are several ways we can proceed in such cases.
1. We can move / transfer your forms from one account to the other, which means we could transfer your desired forms from the main account into the new account for that department. When a form is moved, all its notifications and integrations should continue working the same as they were in the original account.
As moving a form will also move all the submissions that that form contains, the request for moving the form must be made on our support forum from the account which owns the form. As an example, forms from account ERIadventures can only be moved/transferred if you are requesting it while logged into account ERIadventures.
2. You can clone the forms into your new accounts, so that new accounts will have a copy of the necessary forms. Cloning a form will create a brand new copy of the form, without any of the submissions from the original form.
With a cloned form, you will also need to set up any of the integrations again, such as payment tools or integrations such as Google Drive and Dropbox, since integrations are form and account specific and are not carried over when the form is cloned.
3. What also helps many of our users, is to simply set up their new accounts as the sub user accounts of their primary (old) account:
When setting up sub users, your forms still exist in the original account, but your new accounts are able to access and edit the form, view and edit submissions, or both - depending in the permissions set for the sub accounts.
Please let us know how you'd like to proceed, and if it is by moving your forms, please make sure to make a request from the account that owns the forms. We look forward to your response.