What is JotForm?
JotForm is a free online form builder which helps you create online forms without writing a single line of code. No sign-up required.
At JotForm, we want to make sure that you’re getting the online form builder help that you need. Our friendly customer support team is available 24/7.
We believe that if one user has a question, there could be more users who may have the same question. This is why many of our support forum threads are public and available to be searched and viewed. If you’d like help immediately, feel free to search for a similar question, or submit your question or concern.
How do I collect donations at the end of the event?Asked by candy on July 27, 2016 at 12:48 PM
I am looking into jotform as a new way for us to accept registrations for our events. I have a few questions that I'd like answered.
1- Are we able to collect donations at the end of night when we do a live ask at our events?
2- Do all the attendees information stay on file after they register, including their credit card?
3- What is the credit card processing fee per transaction?
4- How quickly are we able to access funds? Do you charge a fee to access those funds?5- I see that Salesforce can be integrated with jotform. How does this work?
1. You can collect donations anytime you want using your form. You just have to ask the user to fill the form and submit it to collect their donations.
2. Yes, submissions data will be saved in your form submissions page. You will also receive a submissions notification over email. As for the credit card information, we do not allow asking CC information manually. You have to use any of the payment tools like Paypal so payments/donations are done automatically through Paypal.
3. We do not take any charge for every user's payment submissions. That depends on the payment gateway you're using. Example, if you are using Paypal payment tool, a Paypal fee may apply per transaction.
4. Payments are usually instant right after the user has successfully completed the payment.
Here's how it works,
a. User fills the form and enters the donation amount
b. If you are using Paypal standard, the form will redirect to Paypal's donation page once it is submitted and the user has to pay over there. However, if you are using Paypal Pro and other payment tools, donations/payments are processed straight from the form.
5. This question will be answered on a separate thread here https://www.jotform.com/answers/892015.