- lmulanaxgracebaptistcantoncomAsked on July 28, 2016 at 08:10 AM
When I was working with my submissions to a form I created last year, I noticed that there is a google map that I don't remember being there before. Is there anyway of not having the map? I don't need the map; and when I print out the registration, it takes up a good amount of space and its blank.
- IrshadAnswered on July 28, 2016 at 09:37 AM
I am checking your form. And unable to see Google map on the form. I think you have made the changes by your self.
If you are referring to another form, or need further assistance, feel free to revert back.
- lmulanaxgracebaptistcantoncomAnswered on July 28, 2016 at 09:44 AM
I'm sorry, I didn't specify which form - it is our Awana Permission Form. We were working on that on another problem that has been solved. When I printed out a submission when working on that, it showed the google map. I thought it might have been something that I had inserted before and did not realize it. When I went back to check my form, there is nothing there. That is why I thought maybe it was attached to the Address line. As I said before, I never had it last year. I went back to my hard copy forms from last year and it was not there, but today it is there.
- JotForm SupportJanAnswered on July 28, 2016 at 12:33 PM
I cloned your form and I was able to replicate the issue. I saw a Google Map in the submissions page. Please disable the option "Show Addresses on Map" in the submissions. Here's a guide:
1. In My Forms, select the form and then click the "Submissions" button.
2. Click the option icon and then make sure that the option "Show Addresses on Map" is unchecked.
Hope that helps. Thank you.
- lmulanaxgracebaptistcantoncomAnswered on July 28, 2016 at 01:20 PM
Thank you so much!! It works!
- IrshadAnswered on July 28, 2016 at 02:26 PM
You are welcome, if you need further assistance, feel free to revert back.