- vivacazeauxAsked on November 12, 2010 at 05:01 AM
Once someone has filled in a form and sent it to my email. Can I reply straight to their email rather then to jotform? I get a huge amount of emails and it would be very time consuming to copy and paste each individual email address to send a reply to sender.
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on November 12, 2010 at 06:59 AM
Yes, you can. To change reply-to email address on a form, open your form on the Form Builder and then:
1. Click on "Setup and Share" tab,
2. Click on "Email Alerts",
3. Select "Notification",
4. Click on "Reply-to and Recipient Settings",
5. Change "Sender E-mail" at top.
- apfwebsAnswered on February 23, 2011 at 07:51 PM
Yo, aytekin! I find that, when I follow your 5 steps, at "Sender E-mail" I get a menu from which to select. For the sending address I may choose "Your email address" and not the form sender's email address!
I have tested the form. When I click "Reply" in the opened email, the "To" field is filled (at least by Gmail) with my (the recipient's) email address, and not that of the user who completed the form. What, praytell, am I doing incorrectly? Could this be something elsewhere in the form setup that I'm missing?
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on February 25, 2011 at 12:19 PM
I checked your contact form. Both your notification and auto-responder emails are setup properly. You should get the email address of the person who submitted the form when reply to the notification email.
I think you replied to the auto-responder email address. That's supposed to send the reply to the owner of the site.