- taylorhoodAsked on November 12, 2010 at 11:58 AM
I am a car dealer & we have a niche website for bad credit. I've created a credit application but want to make sure the information is Secured. Please advise me on the best way of doing that.
Feel free to call me: 850-664-9777
Internet Sales Mgr
Preston Hood Chevrolet
Fort Walton Beach FL
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on November 16, 2010 at 02:18 AM
Here are our general advise if you get sensitive private information using a JotForm Form:
1. Always use SSL (https) version of JotForm site on your browser. Use "https://www.jotform.com" to login to your account, create your forms, look at your submissions and link to your forms.
2. Edit emails on all forms to make sure no specific information is used on them. We send emails in plain text. So, they are not secure. Only use emails to get alerts to know there is a new submission. Once you receive an email alert, log into the secure JotForm site and then look at the user
3. If you use the Reports feature only do it with password protection. That will both ask for a password and it will transfer all data over SSL.
4. Same for uploads. They are not password protected.
5. Logout immediate after you are done with the site.
6. Regularly download submissions and then delete them from your account.