- pauljones9005Asked on August 02, 2016 at 08:07 AM
About once a week, my Jotform forms disappear from within my scripts. Please explain to me why this is happening. It is imperative that this gets fixed asap. Thanks.
On some scripts, it has disappeared completely. This link is an example. It should be listed under the office hours for the office. http://cccscripting.com/scripts/concierge-2149740610.html
Screen shot attached
- victorAnswered on August 02, 2016 at 10:28 AM
For this reason we recommend using the iframe script. This will eliminate any conflict that may exist.
- pauljones9005Answered on August 02, 2016 at 10:45 AMPlease explain to me how it had been working and now it's not. Do I have to
go back through all 200 scripts to fix this issue?
- pauljones9005Answered on August 02, 2016 at 10:45 AMI have embedded the iframe and now this is what I am getting. Please see
- victorAnswered on August 02, 2016 at 11:57 AM
It is possible that when you first embedded the form it did not have any conflicts and worked properly. I am assuming that someone updated the site and this changes could have caused conflicts.
I just reviewed your site and did see that you are getting an error. When reviewing the form, I noticed that it was disabled.
I have enabled the form and it is not available to view in your site.
- pauljones9005Answered on August 02, 2016 at 12:46 PMHow did all of my forms become disabled in the first place?
- BorisAnswered on August 02, 2016 at 02:40 PM
We are sorry for the inconvenience you are experiencing, and I'm afraid we cannot check the exact reason they got disabled. The most likely one is that a form limit has been set up on your forms when they were created or edited, by following this guide:
Setting any one of those submission limits would cause a form to be disabled when its limit is met. A form can also be enabled or disabled by following this guide:
If there is anything else we can do to help, please let us know. Cheers