- pauljones9005Asked on August 02, 2016 at 12:53 PM
We have a client that has had emails sent to 26 recipients and was able to receive the email at all 26 emails listed. They now have 43 listed and are not receiving emails to any that are listed. I have already checked the bounce list and this is not the issue. Is there a limit for email recipients? or why is this not working?
- victorAnswered on August 02, 2016 at 03:16 PM
To assist you better could you please provide the form in question. I have just review your recent forms and they only had 2 recipients in the notification.
As a note, we have a rule which limits the number of emails send out. This is so no malicious users create a form and start sending spam emails.
For free accounts, we allow only 20 email notifications to be send out per hour. For paid clients they are allow to send 100 notifications.
- pauljones9005Answered on August 02, 2016 at 05:46 PMWe have changed the number of recipients back to 2 for that form in
question because it wasn't sending to the 43 we had entered in. We pay for
your service, so 43 shouldn't be an issue according to what you sent over
- pauljones9005Answered on August 02, 2016 at 05:47 PMHow many notification emails can we have?
- victorAnswered on August 02, 2016 at 07:45 PM
Sorry for the confusion. I have just reviewed our limits. It seems that they have recently changed.
For paid users, you are allow to send 1000 notification PER DAY and not per hour.
Free users are allow to send 20 notification per DAY.
There is also a limit on how many recipients a notification can have. You may only allow 10 recipients per notification. If you require to send the same notification to more users, you would need to create identical notification.
Please let us know if this helps.
- pauljones9005Answered on August 02, 2016 at 08:45 PMWith the 1000 notifications per day, is that per form? Or total for our
account for the day?
Also, I understand that the limit per email notifcation is 10. However, my
question is how many email notifiers can one form have?
- JotForm SupportChriistianAnswered on August 03, 2016 at 01:30 AM
The 1,000 email limit is for the total emails sent by the account. This refers to the "replies", "forwards", "test emails" and "share form via email" feature.
You can add as many notifiers as you like, however, please note that it would be very slow if you add a lot of notifications in your form. If you want to send to multiple recipients, I would suggest for you to create a mailing list or email alias on your hosting control panel and use that email address instead.
- pauljones9005Answered on August 03, 2016 at 10:45 AMOkay... Two more questions:
1) If a form has 5 email recipients within one email notifier, does that
count as one email sent per submission, or 5 emails sent per submission?
2) How do I create a mailing list or email alias? And will this affect the
1,000 email limit?
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on August 03, 2016 at 12:01 PM
I'm sorry again for the confusion. Actually, the outgoing email limit and the notification email that you are asking are different from each other.
As far as I know, we don't have a limit on the number of notification email or notifiers (in short) that you can create. But the number of recipients that you can add per notifier is 10, going beyond this limit will cause you an email issue.
With regards to your two other questions;
1. That is 5 emails sent per submission. But then again, you can disregard this as we don't count this over your outgoing email limit. Outgoing Email Limit is used when you reply/forward submissions in the form submissions page and send form link via the publish wizard.
2. I'm sorry, but we don't offer this. Why not setup an email forwarder? This way, you can just add one recipient email in the form and all further configuration are done to your hosting panel.
I hope that helps and let us know if you have any further questions.