- szeladaAsked on August 04, 2016 at 08:05 AM
If somebody send us a form, I need to receive it via mail. But, after that, I need to EDIT that record received with the Edit option, so I do NOT need to receive an e-mail. I tried to explore the condition, but I found that I could change the e-mail receiver, but what I need is to send the e-mail when it is a New Record, but not send any e-mail when it is an Edition.
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on August 04, 2016 at 11:00 AM
Unfortunately, there is currently no way to disable the edit email. A workaround would be to do the following:
1. Add an email field in the form and make your own email address as the default value. For example:
2. Hide this email field from its properties:
3. Now, add an autoresponder email: https://www.jotform.com/help/26-Creating-a-Form-Autoresponder.
4. In the autoresponder email, select the email field which has your own email address as the value:
5. In Autoresponder, Advanced tab, make sure to disable send on edit option:
The idea is to utilize the autoresponder email as your form notifier. The only downside of this is you cannot have the Name field in your form as the Sender Name, it has to be static. The same for the Reply-To Email.
I hope that works for you.