- KateOrbitAsked on August 04, 2016 at 09:21 PM
I have clients who use Jotform to submit their tax return data. They can edit the submission and return later, but for some reason fields with text fields that are not single sentences don't seem to submit.
Any ideas? My clients are getting a bit annoyed with me...
- JotForm SupportChriistianAnswered on August 04, 2016 at 09:56 PM
I cloned your form and tested it on an iPad Air 2 emulator. I can't seem to replicate the issue. I sent a test submission and filled the textboxes with single words and sentences. In both cases, all the data went through successfully.
May I ask which specific fields did you encounter this issue with no data? Can you please provide us with some steps on how we can replicate it? In the meantime, I would suggest clearing the form cache to refresh your form. If the issue persists, please let us know.
- KateOrbitAnswered on August 04, 2016 at 10:45 PMTry on one particular field – Hardware Software etc. It’s the fields with the larger data input.
Client is using:
1. iPad Pro 9.7 (latest)
2. Software version 9.3.3
3. Can’t determine if in private or open browsing.
Not sure. :(
- JotForm SupportChriistianAnswered on August 04, 2016 at 11:18 PM
I made further tests and this doesn't seem to be limited to only iPad. I sent several more submissions with my pc and it appers that the field within "Hardware Software" is not being recorder.
I made sure to input data in the field.
But when I checked the submissions, the text is not there.
The fields appears to be getting cleared upon submission. To resolve the issue, please check your Preferences, go to Advanced > Show More > then set Clear Hidden Values to "Clear on Being Hidden".
Please let us know how it goes.
- KateOrbitAnswered on August 05, 2016 at 12:45 AMOK, that has been done. Can you check for me?
- JotForm SupportChriistianAnswered on August 05, 2016 at 01:13 AM
I sent a test submission to your form and unfortunately it appears that the issue still persists.
Since the issue occurs on the "Costs for any tools" text area, we may need to delete that field and replace it with a new one.
Delete the current text area
Then add a new text area that is exactly the same as before. This should resolve any issues with the previous text area field.
If you do not want to modify your current form, then you can simply clone the form and make the changes to the clone. How to clone an existing form from a URL
Please let us know once you have made the change.
- KateOrbitAnswered on August 07, 2016 at 08:45 PMOk this has been done. Would you mind trying now for me?
- JotForm SupportChriistianAnswered on August 07, 2016 at 09:10 PM
I sent another test submission to your form and it appears that the data from the text area is now successfully submitted. The "Costs for any tools..." field now contains the text that I entered in the form. The issue should now be resolved.
If you have further concerns, please let us know.