- mpguignardAsked on August 08, 2016 at 03:25 PM
I have an issue with your form and Google Drive.
In the form on our website, people can apply to 10 different positions.
Those positions are 10 folders in Google Drive where the resume uploads depending on the position applied.
But, some folders starts to replicate themselves many times.
- Mécanicien d’entretien (7 different folders)
- Technicien en ingénierie (4 different folders)
Sometimes, a new folder appear and then the resume goes in this one for some reason.
How can we fix this ASAP?
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on August 08, 2016 at 04:07 PM
In google drive integration, you can still assign a custom folder name below the root folder using a field name in your form during the configuration of the google drive integration.
User guide: How-to-Integrate-a-Form-with-Google-Drive
In your case, make sure the position is a unique combination of field name on your form so that it will be grouped correctly and will not be repeated.
Hope this help. Let us know if you require further assistance.
- mpguignardAnswered on August 09, 2016 at 07:29 AMHi!thanks for your response.Here is what I have.We want the resume to go in the folder of the position applied.Is it ok? If so, why do we have folders that replicate?Thanks,Marie
- mpguignardAnswered on August 09, 2016 at 08:08 AM
Here's my problem:
- 7 folders of Maintenance mechanic
- 4 folders of Engineering technician...
- JotForm UI DeveloperberilAnswered on August 09, 2016 at 10:07 AM
I assume that, you've mentioned about replicating the Poste appliqué/Position applied values on your google drive integration.
The values are the inputs that your customers entered on your form. I 've cloned and thested for form. On your cloned form there are three submissions as you see below:
Because of applying the Poste appliqué/Position applied field while integrating your form you are viewing the values of the that field that user entered. I've also added Poste appliqué/Position applied while configurating the google drive integration. I also see the data of that field as you see below:
To solve that, issue I suggest you choosing specific field such as submission ID. By that waw, you will prevent the confusuion. If you have any question or issues, please do not hesitate contacting us. We will be glad to assist you.
- mpguignardAnswered on March 13, 2017 at 12:29 PM
Finally, the problem was because I had special characters in the «applied position» field. By removing the accents (é, à, è, ...) it worked perfectly.
- JotForm SupportJim_RAnswered on March 13, 2017 at 02:34 PM
Thanks for taking your time updating us about this. This would surely help other users who might accidentally stumble upon this issue.
If you have other questions, just open a new thread so we can assist you.