- DA68Asked on April 10, 2012 at 09:15 AM
In my form, I would need to require some questions. The issue is the form is in French and I need the instructions (when it's not completed) to be in French. Is it possible ?
- JotForm SupportGoldoAnswered on April 10, 2012 at 09:35 AM
Fortunately, we do have a French version. Simply select "Français" in the language selector found at the left side of JotForm's footer area, where the account login is found.
- pickleballAnswered on June 18, 2012 at 04:43 AM
Hi. I don't see this dropdown. Can anyone help with this?
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on June 18, 2012 at 05:11 AM
Go to your account's My Forms page then scroll way down the page.
You will find at the bottom right corner of the page, just below your account settings and form shortcuts panel.
- pickleballAnswered on June 18, 2012 at 05:19 AM
@NeilVicente - Thanks for you reply.
I do have a language dropdown there, but it's already set to English (and always has been). Unfortunately, I'm still getting email notifications from my form in Dutch! Is there any way to fix this?
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on June 18, 2012 at 05:25 AM
The easiest solution to your problem is to delete then re-create the notifications.
1. Click Setup & Embed > Email Alerts
2. Click your form notification's name
3. Click Delete E-mail
4. Click Setup & Embed > Email Alerts
5. Click Add New Email
6. Choose Notification
7. Follow the Email Alert Wizard to finish creating your new notification
- pickleballAnswered on June 18, 2012 at 05:45 AM
Ah, I see. Thanks so much!
- pinoytechAnswered on June 18, 2012 at 04:01 PM
You are welcome. Cheers!