- KCCwebservicesAsked on August 19, 2016 at 04:04 PM
How do you use this update/calculate a field within the Matrix Dynamique widget?
This is a re-post of a comment on How to Insert Text or Calculation into a Field Using Conditional Logic
- JotForm SupportNik_CAnswered on August 19, 2016 at 05:19 PM
I'm not sure if you would like to calculate something and insert in Matrix Dinamique or you want, based on a value in Matrix Dinamique, to calculate certain field, if you could clarify that so we can be able to assist you?
We'll wait for your response.
- KCCwebservicesAnswered on August 30, 2016 at 11:56 AM
Actually we'd like to do both, if possible
1. Calculate fields in a row and update a total field in that row.
2. Add all fields in the 'totals' column for a grand total field outside the table itself.
Thanks for your help.
- JotForm SupportNik_CAnswered on August 30, 2016 at 01:39 PM
I'm not sure you can do either of options you described with Matrix Dinamique, since that field is acting as one field so you can not specify one field that is part of it, meaning you can not insert anything in matrix dinamique with calculations.
I'll try to find a way to sum values from Matrix Dinamique and show in result field(if I understood that that is what you need as well) and get back to you if I succeed.
If I anyhow misunderstood you, please let me know so we can check this additionally.