- TheunAsked on April 11, 2012 at 03:56 AMI would be really awesome if I could create a table. Is there a reason why this is not supported?Best,Theun
- JotForm SupportabajanAnswered on April 11, 2012 at 06:20 AM
Currently the form builder doesn't have a tool to build a table. The closest thing to that would be a matrix but I don't think that's what you're looking for, and none of the tools within the Free Text (HTML) power tool is for constructing tables. As I recently advised another user, the best workaround I can think of would be to build the table using a third party tool like this one and then copy the generated code and paste it into a free text element and style it to your liking.
I will submit a ticket to our Tier 2 team requesting that the same table building and editing facilities found in the Compose Email section of email alerts be provided in the free text tool.
Table creation and editing tools in email alert:
No such tools in free text window:
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on April 11, 2012 at 11:10 AM
Why do you want to create a table? Can you describe your use case? Thanks.
- TheunAnswered on April 11, 2012 at 11:32 AMI would like recipiants to enter a check in date and a check out date and then calculate the number of days and make that visible for them.
I also want to make it possible for a recipiant to create more fields if they need them without preprogram this for every field and limit their input .
Op 11 apr. 2012 om 17:10 heeft "JotForm Support Forum" het volgende geschreven:
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on April 12, 2012 at 03:28 AM
So, you do not need an HTML template as abajan guessed. You need to be able to calculate date difference between two dates. unfortunately, that's not possible on JotForm.