- jwinklerRDAsked on August 22, 2016 at 09:36 AM
Can you copy or duplicate a submission so that I can edit it without deleting the original?
Or is there a way to pull up a submission and re-submit with changes?
- JotForm SupportNik_CAnswered on August 22, 2016 at 10:09 AM
You can edit your existing submissions by following this guide: https://www.jotform.com/help/325-How-to-Edit-Submissions-Made-on-Your-Forms
You can also add Edit submission link to your Notifier and edit the submission directly from the email:
If you need further help please let us know, we'll be glad to help you.
- jwinklerRDAnswered on August 22, 2016 at 11:45 AMThank you. What I was asking is can I duplicate a submission and edit one so that I have two separate forms with similar data.
If I am using this as a client form and I want the data entered at the top to stay the same but want to change the date and the information in the lower half can I duplicate a submission and change the data on the second one so I have two submissions that are similar but different without having to input the information again?
- JotForm SupportNik_CAnswered on August 22, 2016 at 12:17 PM
Thank you for clarifying your question.
I thought of one way to do what you need:
1. You can add one more Email field in your form that will be hidden:
2. Then, you can create additional Autoresponder that will use Hidden email field as a recipient:
And add Edit link to it, like I mentioned earlier:
Also, add Edit link to your Notifier as well.
3. So what happens is that your customer submits the form and you receive regular Notifier where you will have the Edit link. When you edit your form you will see the hidden Email field.
Now, you do the necessary changes and input your email address (that you use for Notifier) in Hidden Email Field.
You will receive additional submission with changes you did. And you already have the original one.
You can also use Google Spreadsheet and receive submission there where you can do the changes, but I think that the above solution might be more elegant.
If I think of something better I'll let you know.
Please let me know if this could work for you.
- jwinklerRDAnswered on August 23, 2016 at 10:46 AMThank you for this suggestion. I tried it.
When I click on "edit submission" and make an edit it saves it over the
original. Were you saying that because I would get a PDF copy or a copy in
my email therefore I would have the new and old version?
Save our inboxes! http://emailcharter.org
Jaimie Winkler, RD, LDN
94 Pleasant St. #2
Arlington, MA 02476
*online payment, online scheduling, and online forms for new patients *
- JotForm SupportNik_CAnswered on August 23, 2016 at 11:21 AM
You are right, it will be the same submission that you are editing.
And yes, I thought about the submission in your email, and possibly attaching the PDF so you have separate submissions.
So, when your customers submit it first time you receive Notifier in your email with PDF attached. And then when you Edit it and submit you receive another email with another PDF attached.
Could that work for you?
Please let us know.