JotForm is a free online form builder which helps you create online forms without writing a single line of code. No sign-up required.
We believe that if one user has a question, there could be more users who may have the same question. This is why many of our support forum threads are public and available to be searched and viewed. If you’d like help immediately, feel free to search for a similar question, or submit your question or concern.
Hi again Tom, I noticed on one of your replies on the previous thread https://www.jotform.com/answers/911718 that you're done setting up your Google Drive Integration
Thank you for your fast response. I've set up google drive integration. I hope I'm all set. If not, I'll reach out again.
However, if what you're trying to achieve is to redirect your users to your Google Drive folder after hitting the submit button, then that's something that won't work. Remember, this is your Google Drive folder and it's something that only you can see if you're logged in to your Google Drive account.
As a quick example, you'll see that if I try to access that same link you provided https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0BzM-NrtBnk3kV0hYWUp4TnpESUk it will ask me to login:
To better explain, here's a snippet from our How-to-Integrate-a-Form-with-Google-Drive guide:
The screenshot above describes what happens when you integrate with Google Drive.
1. The folder name will be same as your form name so that you can see all of your files under a single folder for each form.
2. Individual submission folder names can be customized. So, for example, you may choose to have the "Name" question on your form for that.
3. We will also create a PDF file that contains all data submitted with the form.
4. Finally, all of the uploaded files will be transferred to this folder.
In case you're thinking that integrating your form with Google Drive will point the submit button to Google Drive after submitting, then sadly, it won't.
However, you can set up your Thank You page (the page that shows up after clicking Submit) to a different link if you want to. Just refer to this guide on Setting-Up-the-Thank-You-Page
Let us know if you have further questions.
I see. Is there any other storage option that the submit button to can point to?
The only cloud storage platforms we integrate with are Dropbox, Google Drive and Box.net - All of which are not meant to be used as a Thank You page redirect URL. The sole purpose of these integrations is to store submissions on your cloud storage platform.
The only practical ways I can think of that utilizes the Thank You page redirect URL with Google Drive would be as follows:
1. Redirect to a Google Drive folder that is publicly viewable by anyone (note that this is a specific folder and not your entire Google Drive storage)
2. Redirect to a file on your Google Drive that is publicly viewable by anyone
Related guide: https://support.google.com/drive/answer/2494822
If what you're hoping to achieve is either of those 2 examples given above, then that's doable. All you need is the public shareable URL from Google Drive and use that same URL as your Thank You page redirect. Just refer to the last guide I sent on my previous reply to set it up.