- FFS_userAsked on August 22, 2016 at 06:32 PM
We have a form that's only sometimes sending us its emails. It's hit or miss. Our other forms send us their emails fine, always. It's just this one form that's sporadic.
I read your support docs regarding receiving emails and everything's set up fine, and we're not on the bounce list. We haven't whitelisted your domain/IP yet because I assume since we get emails from other forms it's not a whitelist issue. Of course I could be wrong.
Any ideas why we do not always get emails from one form but do get emails from the others?
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on August 22, 2016 at 10:25 PM
If you are using an email client application such as Eudora or MS Outlook, please try logging in to your webmail account and check the spam folder there. The tendency for this is that the emails landed in your webmail's spam folder. For this reason that your email client was not able to download the emails, resulting to an impression that emails were lost.
You can also check your email activity history. This guide will let you know how: https://www.jotform.com/help/293-How-to-View-All-Your-Form-Email-History
If you have questions, please let us know.
- FFS_userAnswered on August 23, 2016 at 02:04 PM
We will change the sender email address and let you know if we're still having problems.
Thanks much for your help. You guys are great!
- FFS_userAnswered on August 23, 2016 at 02:32 PM
I checked our email history per these instructions https://www.jotform.com/help/293-How-to-View-All-Your-Form-Email-History and that form is not getting sent, even with the change in email sender address.
I did notice we have a high spam rating for this form of 9.3. Not sure if there's a way around that. We can whitelist your IP/domain on our end but our users can't do this.
Any ideas? Not sure if we need to get a third party SMTP provider or what.
- JotForm SupportKevin_GAnswered on August 23, 2016 at 05:10 PM
Yes, I can see there's indeed failed emails for your addresses:
I have also tested your form and I can see the email was successfully sent:
I would suggest you to ask your email provider to white-list if the issue still persists: Whitelisting-JotMails-IP-Addresses
Also, if you want to have more control over the sender email address you may also set up SMTP on your account, here is the link to the guide that will help you with that: How-to-Setup-SMTP-for-a-Form
- FFS_userAnswered on August 24, 2016 at 02:14 PM
Thanks for looking into this. A couple questions:
1. Wouldn't whitelisting only help us receive the emails but not the client receive the autoresponder? And it's just one of our forms not always being received, not all of them.
2. Do you think our high spam score of 9.3 has anything to do with not receiving the emails? The other forms do not have such a high score and they're being received.
Anyway, I'll take your advice about getting our own SMTP server.
- JotForm SupportKevin_GAnswered on August 24, 2016 at 03:09 PM
You're welcome FFS_user.
Yes, white-listing our info will work only for email recipient addresses as you will do it on your email server provider.
If you have a spam score of 9.3 then this should be one of the reasons why emails are blocked, if an email is blocked then the email address will be added into our bounce list, this may happen with addresses of your submitter too.
But do note that white-listing will not work if you use SMTP to send your emails as you will send them from your own server.
Please if you have any question, let us know.