- EmilyAsked on August 23, 2016 at 09:22 AM
I need this online sign up sheet to allow 1 user to sign up for 1 or more items, but not allow users to sign up for the SAME items. IE: once an item is "signed up for" another user cannot sign up for that item (So we don't get multiples). Is that possible?
- JotForm SupportJim_RAnswered on August 23, 2016 at 10:18 AM
Hey Emily, there are a couple of ways to achieve this based on your preference/requirement:
1. If the items for the event are predefined, meaning you know beforehand which items will be "signed up for" and you have a list of those items, you may create a field (e.g. a dropdown list) to display them
Then, use that same field as a unique question so the item can only be selected once (and never again)
Related guide: How-to-set-Form-Limits-Based-on-a-Unique-Question
2. Another option is for you to use some widgets. The Gift Registry widget might help with allowing them to pick 1 or more items, then you set the remaining items to just 1 each, after someone selects a particular item, it can't be selected by anyone else anymore. Here's a demo form http://form.jotformpro.com/form/51301543278955 showing how it works.
3. You may also take a look at the Inventory widget. The idea is the same with the Gift Registry. All you need to do is configure the total number of items available for signup (in this case, you'd probably just set 1 for each item) and the widget will ensure that each time your form is submitted, the total amount signed up at the time is deducted from the inventory. Here's a demo form https://form.jotform.com/61471146729964
Related guide: How-to-Add-a-Widget-to-your-Form
In case none of the above fits your requirements, please give us your complete workflow so we can offer another suggestion. Or better yet, start building your form now and once you're at the point where you need to implement your logic, we can then assist you in figuring out what best suits your needs.