- JohnAsked on April 11, 2012 at 05:15 PM
I am seeing incomplete HTML in my email notifications. This strated a day or two ago.
I have done nothing, so I believe it is an issue on your side. Please investigate and let me know.
This is what I see in the body of every email:
- JotForm SupportMike_TAnswered on April 11, 2012 at 06:43 PM
Thank you for contacting us.
Could you please provide us with affected form name/ID? Is this issue related to some specific mail client only?
We are looking forward to hearing from you.
- jajausAnswered on April 13, 2012 at 06:05 PM
I have several JotForm accounts. All of them appear to have this problem.
I see the above HTML (incomplete) above every notification. Rendered in Outlook.
I do not see it when I use Webmail (Godaddy).
I check the source in Outlook and the HTML shows "<body" there is no ">"
- JotForm SupportMike_TAnswered on April 13, 2012 at 08:00 PM
Thank you for provided information.
I have escalated this problem to our Development Team.
We will update this thread once we have any more information for you.
- jajausAnswered on April 17, 2012 at 07:04 PM
- JotForm SupportMike_TAnswered on April 17, 2012 at 07:17 PM
This bug is assigned to one of our Developers, and marked as important one.
Until this is fixed, please ignore that additional "< body" tag, notifications are still completely safe.
- canerbalciAnswered on July 27, 2012 at 08:16 AM
Thanks for your feedback John,
Sorry for late response. I just commited a fix for the problem. Please write here if you keep seeing that body tag in your notification emails.