- powinnovationsAsked on August 24, 2016 at 01:40 PM
is there a video that explains this?
This is a re-post of a comment on New Feature: Attach Files to Autoresponder Emails
- CharlieAnswered on August 24, 2016 at 02:27 PM
I'm sorry, we do not have a video tutorial on it. But here's a quick step by step on how it is setup and how it works:
1. Currently, you can setup email alerts on your forms. These are emails that can be sent to you or your users after the form is submitted. To learn more about them, please check this guide: https://www.jotform.com/help/30-Explanation-of-Email-Notification-and-Autoresponder-Settings. There are two types of email alert, the "Notification Email" and the "Autoresponder Email".
2. In our new feature as mentioned in that blog, you can now attach a file on your autoresponder. The autoresponder is usually used to send email alerts based on the email field entered on the form. In your Autoresponder email setup, click "Advanced" tab and
3. This case be useful if you want to send a file to your users once they submit the form. Example: A user fills out the form and clicks the submit button. An autoresponder email will be sent to him/her, and you want to include a file like a brochure in PDF format, or an image showing some further instructions, or a T&C document that they need to fill out. This depends on how you would like to use that feature.
I hope that helps. Let us know if you need further help on this. I strongly advise testing the feature and making some test submissions to see how it works.