- firstname.lastname@example.orgAsked on August 25, 2016 at 12:15 PM
I've chosen to use the address block and change the state option to the dropdown, but is there a way to make it so that the states in the drop-down are abbreviated instead of the full name?
- JotForm SupportJohn_BensonAnswered on August 25, 2016 at 01:39 PM
Unfortunately, it is not currently possible if you use the Address field under the Quick Fields. As you can see, you can set a drop down for the State but it is not abbreviated.
However, you can create a stand alone drop down Here's a short guide:
1. Select the State Field and click the Properties icon.
2. Go to the Options tab and change the Predefined Options to "US States Abbr". Click the Save Changes button when you're done.
Hope that helps. Let us know if you need further help. Thank you.
- familyformationAnswered on September 29, 2016 at 02:43 PMHi, JotForm - I'm hoping that I won't have to retype every "North Carolina" as "NC" before putting this information into my database (along with all the other states). We use this information for mail merges here at our church. Is there a chance that this will be an option anytime in the near future? Thanks!
- JotForm SupportJim_RAnswered on September 29, 2016 at 05:51 PM
Hi @familyformation - To give way to the OP, I have moved your question to a separate thread https://www.jotform.com/answers/946282
We'll attend to it shortly.