- glbharrisAsked on August 25, 2016 at 02:45 PM
I am trying to create a form where people will choose an area of expertise and then when they select an area, an additional drop down menu opens where they can select specific skills (this one needs to allow multiple selections).
For example, a person selects "Marketing" as their area of expertise and a new drop down menu appears where they can select one or more of "Design, Social Media, Video and Photography, SEO.
Hopefully that makes sense. I'm assuming I'll need a widget or two to make this work. By the way, I have ZERO coding skills so assume I know less than nothing!
- tocenbekAnswered on August 25, 2016 at 03:41 PM
Please follow these steps ;
1) Create your main dropsown menu using Basic Fileds menu.
2) Create your alternative drop down menus as mention above. For example a Marketing dropwonn that includes "Design, Social Media, Video and Photography, SEO" opritons. You should crate a new drop down menu for each Main dropdown menu items. Enable multiple options under Surveying tab if you need multiple options in the alternative dropdown menu.
3) Make all alternative dropdowns invisible by using under arrow properties icon.
4) Use Steup&Embed tab and define your conditions.
5) Define conditions as hide/show alternative dropdown menus for each item on main dropdown menu item. You can define multiple conditions at once by using Plus button.
Hope this hepls. Ask if you need any further information
- JotForm SupportKiranAnswered on August 25, 2016 at 05:18 PM
The solution provided by @tocenbek would work for displaying the additional dropdown fields using conditional logic. Here is the guide that can help you with setting up conditions to hide or show the fields.
You may also take a look at the following widgets that might meet your requirements.
Hope this information helps!