- mkadamjeeAsked on November 19, 2010 at 06:34 AM
I have set up an question form/contact us form.
When I get a notification into my google email, with the details of the question etc.
If I press reply, I cannot seem to get it to enter the 'email address' field as the reply address.
I have gone to email alerts and gone to the reply and recipient settings, and I have set the senders email to be the 'Your email address' field, but when I get a notification and press reply, it replys back to the recipient email address.
my form is here http://www.jotform.com/mkadamjee/3205922174
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on November 19, 2010 at 02:58 PM
I checked your email and the reply-t address was not set:
I set it for you:
It should work now.
- cgl102770Answered on December 31, 2010 at 11:06 AM
When I go to that area, "sender e-mail", and click the arrow on the right, I get a drop down list of the fields that are on the form. But there doesnt seem any way to type in an email address. The same thing happens when I click the arrow to the right of "sender name", i just get a drop down list of choices but no way to manually enter anything. Am I doing something wrong? Thank you for any suggestions.
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on January 02, 2011 at 01:33 AM
On notification emails, the sender address needs to be selected from existing form fields. So that when you reply to the email, you reply to the person who submits the form.
If you would like to send an auto-responder email to the person who filled the form, then you should choose the "Auto-responder" option on "Email Alerts" -> "Add New Email" button. Then you can enter an email address.
- cgl102770Answered on January 13, 2011 at 03:09 PM
Thank you...is it possible to change the "from name" in the email? I do forms for a counseling services referrals, so it looks more professional to say "Doctor Referral" in the email from name, as opposed to Jotform. If not, i understand, you offer a great service and its much appreciated.
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on January 14, 2011 at 06:40 AM
See the screenshots above. Do you see "Sender Name" on them? That's where you set the "From Name".
- cgl102770Answered on January 14, 2011 at 10:30 AM
Right, but you can't enter anything, you can only choose from the drop down menu. Can there be an option to enter whatever text you like there?
I tried using the heading as the "from" option, though the heading doesnt appear as one of the choices in the drop down menu. Thank you for any suggestions.
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on January 15, 2011 at 11:49 PM
No, on notification emails, reply-to address should be one of the email addresses entered in the email. You cannot type one yourself. The point is to reply to the person who submitted the form.
What you would like is only possible on the auto-responder emails.
- cgl102770Answered on February 01, 2011 at 09:07 AM
Thank you again for the reply. I guess what I would like would be a feature request then. I'm only using my current form builder because they allow you to modify the "from" portion of the incoming form email, as you can see in the red hilited area in this screenshot:
Is that something you would consider adding in the future? Thank you for all of your help.
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on February 03, 2011 at 01:26 AM
You can try this:
1. Add a Hidden Field to your form. (It is under "Power Tools" toolbox on the left side)
2. Select it and then click on "Default Value" button on the toolbar. Change that to "NPS"
3. Open email wizard and then select this field for Sender Name.
- cgl102770Answered on February 18, 2011 at 05:10 PM
As always, your customer service is excellent...unfortunately though, this did not work for me. It still says "Jotform" as the from name in multiple email apps.
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on February 22, 2011 at 08:58 AM
What is the URL of the form that still sends from "JotForm" even though you are absolutely sure that you have changed the sender name field as described above?