- miohondaAsked on August 31, 2016 at 02:13 AM
I am transferring an input value to another field. The first time I access the form, this works. However when I leave the form before submitting and revisit once again, the values are not transferred anymore.
This is the input that I want to be transferred.
The first time it works fine.
This is what happens when I revisit.
Please kindly guide me to correct this.
Thank you.Page URL:
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on August 31, 2016 at 06:01 AM
Saving the session value to the TEXT field will not work since this field is a read-only field(static)
Actually even if you were able to pass the value the first time, that value in the TEXT field will still not be saved or included in the submissions. So it will not be recorded anywhere.
You must use instead fields that allows repository of input data i.e Textboxes, TextArea.
Hope this help. Please let us know if you need further assistance.
- miohondaAnswered on September 01, 2016 at 12:29 AM
I wanted to transfer values to make it more personal (like the feature they have at Typeform), but I guess I will have to give it up...
- JotForm SupportNik_CAnswered on September 01, 2016 at 03:10 AM
Unfortunately, as my colleague already explained, TEXT fields don't work in that way.
If you need additional assistance, please let us know.
- miohondaAnswered on September 01, 2016 at 03:24 AM
Yes I understand. Thank you.
- JotForm SupportNik_CAnswered on September 01, 2016 at 04:52 AM
Thank you for understanding.
If you have any other questions please let us know.