- miohondaAsked on September 01, 2016 at 02:59 AM
I want to create a form with a user friendly interface like Typeform.
To be more specific, I want my form to have the following features:
1) Automatically move to the next question/page when the user chooses an answer or press ENTER without having to "click" the NEXT button.2) A smoother transition (applying a transition time?) to the next question/page.
Can this be achieved?
- JotForm UI DeveloperberilAnswered on September 01, 2016 at 07:44 AM
Thank you for your suggestion. That is a great idea. You can also create the similar feature with JotForm. You can use our form collapse to achieve your request. By that way, you can pass the next question without clicking the next button. However, it is based on another question. so you can create a condition as you see below:
Please, check the guide below for more information:
If you have any question or issues, please do not hesitate contacting us. We will be glad to assist you.
- JotForm UI DeveloperberilAnswered on September 01, 2016 at 07:45 AM
I've created a separate thread for you, so anyone in the support staff will be able to assist you with your specific requirement. Please follow up there:
- miohondaAnswered on September 01, 2016 at 10:09 PM
Thanks, this is great news!
But how can I apply this to an "Image Picker" widget?
I want to show the next question when the user chooses an image. I set it like this, but it does not seem to work. If its not "IS FILLED", what should I be using for this?
IF Image Picker IS FILLED
SHOW multiple Fields
- JotForm SupportChriistianAnswered on September 02, 2016 at 01:43 AM
I checked your form and I see that the next fields that you want to show on the condition are encapsulated inside a Form Collapse. This means that to show the fields after an image is selected, we will need to also show the Form Collapse.
As seen in the condition below, the two form collapse will be shown when the image picker is filled. Since the form collapse contains the other fields, then these fields will be shown as well.
You can check out this demo form to see it in action: https://form.jotform.com/62451004459956
If you need further assistance, please let us know.
- miohondaAnswered on September 02, 2016 at 04:06 AM
So if I wanted to show only 1 question at a time, I also have to set a "hide" field for the "current" form collapse? That seems like a lot of conditional logics... Will it affect the loading time if I applied this to every single question on this form?
- JotForm SupportChriistianAnswered on September 02, 2016 at 05:07 AM
Yes, you will need to have a "hide" condition for the current form collapse or field if you want to only show 1 question at a time. I agree that it would have a lot of conditional logic. Although upon checking your form as it is now, I believe having these conditions should not affect the loading time of the form itself. If you do encounter any issues however, feel free to let us know on this thread. Thank you.