- rsglandscapingAsked on September 01, 2016 at 03:44 PM
On our JotForm we have an area were employee's can add field pictures, sometimes when they try to take a picture the camera on the phone turns black and will not let them take a picture.Page URL:
- JotForm SupportMikeAnswered on September 01, 2016 at 08:11 PM
Is this happening once they click on the 'Choose File' button, or is there are black boxes in place of those 'Choose File' sections?
- rsglandscapingAnswered on September 01, 2016 at 08:45 PMOnce they choose file and select camera. The preview in the camera turns black.
Sent from my iPhone
- JotForm SupportChriistianAnswered on September 01, 2016 at 11:29 PM
I checked your form on my android device and clicked on the Choose File button. I cannot seem to replicate the issue that your employees encountered, as I was able to take photos in all of the Choose File fields. I did not encounter an instance where the camera turned black.
Do you still encounter the issue on your end? May I ask which specific device were they using when they encountered the issue? Please let us know so we can investigate further. In the meantime, perhaps clearing the form cache and browser cache can help.
I will be waiting for your response.
- rsglandscapingAnswered on September 01, 2016 at 11:45 PMCan you do try it with an iPhone? As this is what our employees use.
Sent from my iPhone
- JotForm SupportChriistianAnswered on September 02, 2016 at 01:20 AM
We are currently investigating your concern. I will let you know on this thread once we have an update on this issue. Thank you.
- JotForm SupportChriistianAnswered on September 02, 2016 at 03:17 AM
Unfortunately we are still unable to replicate your issue on an iPhone. Below is a screenshot of the form where we were successfully able to take a photo and add it to the "Choose File" field.
Here's a screenshot of the photo taken using the iPhone.
Can you please try using a different device and take a photo there? It may be possible that the error is related to the device itself, not with the form. Please follow this guide to check if the issue is related to the iPhone: iPhone Camera is not Working.
Please let us know how it goes.