- dbriskeyAsked on September 02, 2016 at 10:45 AM
I would like to limit the possible entries in the numeric input box on the matrix fields used in this form. The only allowed entries should be 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. How can I do this?Page URL:
- KadeJMAnswered on September 02, 2016 at 11:35 AM
So if I am understanding you correctly I believe you mean that you want to allow only numbers to be entered.
Also, when you mention the 1,2,3,4,5 did you mean you want that only 1 digit for 1 through 5 then or does that matter so long as it's numeric?
It's possible to switch your matrix default input to a numeric field.
- dbriskeyAnswered on September 02, 2016 at 11:37 AM
I am using the numeric text box. However, I want users to only be able to input the following numbers:
0,1,2,3,4,5. Is this possible to do?
- JotForm SupportJanAnswered on September 02, 2016 at 01:45 PM
If you want to limit the answers in the matrix table then you can use the "drop down" instead of the "numeric text box". Here's a guide:
1. Select the Matrix field and then click the "Input Type" button. Select the "Drop Down" option.
2. Click the gear or properties icon.
3. Go to the "Fields" tab and then scroll down. You'll see the "Dropdown Options" where you can enter the choices (0-5). Click the "Save Changes" button when you're done.
4. Here's the result:
Please take note that you can't type comma(,) in the numeric text box. You need to use the text box option instead.
Hope that helps. Thank you.