- jonsan32Asked on September 02, 2016 at 03:44 PM
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on September 02, 2016 at 03:56 PM
I did some testing and indeed, the autocomplete widget will allow anything to be entered, regardless of whether or not it matched something in the list. I will forward this to our developers to see if the requirement to select something from the list can be added. Since this is a very specific request, I cannot see if or when this functionality will be added. We will let you know via this thread if there are any further updates.
- jonsan32Answered on September 02, 2016 at 04:00 PM
Awesome. Thx for the hard work. Have a great day.
- ksesockAnswered on April 10, 2017 at 09:41 AM
Was this ever addressed? I'm still looking for either a searchable dropdown list or an autocomplete that restricts entries to only the items presented.
- JotForm SupportJim_RAnswered on April 10, 2017 at 10:58 AM
@ksesock - This thread has been elevated as a feature request but we haven't had any news about it yet.
Please keep in mind that there's no assurance whether this will be implemented. It will highly depend on the viability of the feature, the amount of similar requests we get, along with the workload of our Developers.
If you wish to be updated on your own thread, just create a new one here and we'll mark it as a feature request too.