JotForm is a free online form builder which helps you create online forms without writing a single line of code. No sign-up required.
We believe that if one user has a question, there could be more users who may have the same question. This is why many of our support forum threads are public and available to be searched and viewed. If you’d like help immediately, feel free to search for a similar question, or submit your question or concern.
Form with Lao Language is not sending mutliple choice field answers correctly except first one to Google SpreadsheetsAsked by uolaosinclusion on September 06, 2016 at 03:01 PM
We have a simple test form with text fields (like name, email address, etc) and several questions each with multiple-choice answers. We have pushed the results to a Google spreadsheet using the JotForm Integratioin. We've set this form up in English and Lao. The text fields always arrive correctly in the spreadsheet in the English version, but only the text-input fields arrive in the Lao version: the multiple-choice answers aren't recorded in the View Results nor in the spreadsheet.
This form is M1 Post-Test Lao.
So if we understand you correct basically you have some fields on your form that aren't arriving properly from your form via the google spreadsheet integration if Lao is used but it works fine if English is used.
I've done some investigating and I found that there does seem to be some sort of issue with the Lao Form sending out information to the google spreadsheet since that one didn't work but in a newer test in english I noticed that is working.
Please allow me some additional time to investigate your form more thoroughly to figure out if it's something on the form itself or our integration and I'll update you again as soon as possible.
New English Test:
New Lao Test:
I've found I can replicate the problem but after several tests it seems that when your multiple choice questions are a fair length this seems to generate a problem.
I am under the impression that causes the integration to think its all in one field since if you look at it again you'll notice there's no cell breaks between all of your multiple choice questions. I think when that is happening the data isn't appearing correctly.
When I checked this on a brand new test form I made with multiple choices in lao I was unable to replicate the problem. So currently it seems the issue is only occurring on your form.
Therefore I am sending a bug report about this issue to our development team to have them take a look it more on our back end so that we can get this problem resolved as soon as possible for you.
thanks, any estimate on when they may be able to get back to me on this issue?
Hello, I'm seeing Kade has already escalated this thread and although we won't be able to give you any timeframe, rest assured, we'll keep you posted on this same thread if/when there's an update.
Thanks in advance for your patience and cooperation.
Alternative idea, depending on where the tangle lies with the Google Sheets Integration: would it work more reliably to create an HTML table report at JotForms rather than push the results to Google?
I've just tested this particular form 5 times and all the results seem to be appearing correctly in the corresponding HTML report at https://www.jotform.com/table/62505310971046.Though others have been told this isn't possible in the JotForms fora, I should also ask if there has been any progress on combining results from multiple forms in a single report? We have 16 forms which staff must review in order to confirm participants' completion of a teacher-training course. It would be far more efficient for us to be able to combine these forms' results in some way.Another question on this front: if we add password control to each of these 16 reports using the same password in all cases, would the user need to re-enter the password on accessing each one, or could his/her browser store the access credentials to eliminate having to re-enter the access code?
Thanks for your further assistance...
You certainly have that option if you'd prefer to use the Html Table over the google spreadsheet integration for the time being.
However, since I've already opened up a thread about it we shall just leave it as is so that our dev can take a look and help rectify the problem anyway if needed as I believe it should work.
As for the rest of your details you had two follow up questions so I moved those to two new threads so that there is no confusion compared to your issue here.
Combining Results: https://www.jotform.com/answers/926460
Password Usage for Report Access: https://www.jotform.com/answers/926463
Thanks for separating out the threads, and yes: we do want to make sure that your tech support can resolve the initial problem. I just wondered if we might side-step that issue by using a different approach to the reporting--as, for example, if the Lao answers were not being correctly pushed to Google.
But if the Lao answers aren't recorded correctly and completely in the first place, then reporting differently wouldn't address that problem.
We're anxious to get this resolved, in any case.
We're still not sure if the Lao answers aren't recorded properly, thus the reason why Kade escalated your thread to our Dev Team. There's also a possibility it's an issue specific to your form as Kade did some tests on his own and wasn't able to replicate the problem.
So if you want to go ahead and proceed with your idea of using the HTML Report for the time being, please do. Our goal has always been to figure out what the problem is, find out what's causing it, report it then fix it.
And while waiting for a resolution, if there's a workaround applicable, then the better (so you have a temporary way of viewing them while it's currently being looked at). So, go ahead with your idea of using the HTML Report while we're waiting for an update :)