- naguibihelekAsked on September 06, 2016 at 08:55 PM
We have several orderable list forms, and although I haven't tested them all, the primary one which we use all the time is https://form.jotform.com/60165666293259 and it is giving errors at every step and can't be submitted. I am guessing that recent changes to jot form system have affected how this works.Page URL:
- naguibihelekAnswered on September 06, 2016 at 09:02 PM
More detail: If user tries to click next on an orderable list without changing anything it causes an error on the page, which even though they correct that by making a change on the page, the error does not get reset and remains for the balance of all the following questions.
The error message should say "you haven't changed anything. This page is required. If you want to continue without changing the order click next to accept the current order."
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on September 07, 2016 at 12:08 AM
I test on your form https://www.jotform.com/form/60165666293259
but so far I could not reproduced the issue.
The required validation error you see is part of the form since you have set some fields/widgets as *Required fields so they need to be answered first before moving to the next page.
Is the form embedded on a website? Can you share to us the URL of the website if it was. We can also test the actual form used on the website.
Let us know if issue still persist.
- naguibihelekAnswered on September 07, 2016 at 10:41 AM
Thanks. I understand the required feature. However as you can see in your recording, even though you correct the response to that and click next the next page carries of the error it is not cleared. I am not sure what you did to clear it after second quation, but it is easy that a user can have an error all the way through.
1. Error should clear as soon as user make a change.
2. If they choose to leave order unchanged, error should display first time, but if they still want to leave it unchanged because the order is correct, then the error should reset if they click next the second time.
This has been changed, not sure when. When I first developed this form the error message for required field was something like "You didn't change anything. If this is the correct order then click Next again to continue".
- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on September 07, 2016 at 11:56 AM
Please note that as soon as the input value is corrected, the related validation error should clear automatically.
Can you please explain the scenario you have mention in point #2 a little more in details? Do you mean to say that if there is a validation error in page, you can click on the next button twice to move to next page?
We will wait for your response.
- naguibihelekAnswered on September 07, 2016 at 12:18 PM
1. Actually, as per your video, the error doesn't clear automatically as soon as something is changed.2. This was the feature from a reported problem that was fixed more than a year ago. A user may find the order to be just fine the way the default list is displayed. And since it is a mandatory field they receive an error which should be more informative than the current one, and used to say "You have not changed anything, press Next again to accept the current list as is". At which time the user can correct the error by moving some items around, or submit again to accept the current list as it is. That's how it was working until recent change was made.
- JotForm SupportBDAVIDAnswered on September 07, 2016 at 02:38 PM
1. I see what you mean, if you do not change the order, the required warning is display, once you do the change, it allows you to go to next page, but the warning is still carried over to the next page when it should actually disappear as soon as you do the change:
I have reported this issue to our second level to have it fixed. You will be notified about in this thread.
2. Your second inquiry will be addressed on the following thread: https://www.jotform.com/answers/926319
- naguibihelekAnswered on September 07, 2016 at 03:53 PM
- naguibihelekAnswered on September 12, 2016 at 06:43 PM
There is second part to this. Which is URGENT, because noone can submit any form submissions if they've experienced an error. The errors do not get reset.
If you go back to the first page where the error occured. There is the required field message and the error on page message. Both error do not get cleared when the user makes a change. In fact when you go forward and come back to the error page, the required field error never goes away, even after you clear the error on page message.
No matter how many pages ahead you you complete without any errors, the original page with the error still has the required field error. And this stops the user from being able to submit the form.
Your URGENT attention to this matter would be greatly appreciated.
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on September 12, 2016 at 08:56 PM
Thank you for providing more details. Our developer assigned on the ticket were made aware of this urgent matter as well.
They will provide response here as soon as they have news/updates on the status.
We apologize for any inconvenience caused.
- JotForm SupportTitusNAnswered on September 13, 2016 at 10:05 AM
We've fixed the required validation bug. Please check and let us know.
Thank you for your patience.
- naguibihelekAnswered on September 13, 2016 at 10:24 AM
I've just tested it. I don't see any difference. Do I have to resave the form first?
- JotForm SupportTitusNAnswered on September 13, 2016 at 10:38 AM
Please check again, you should be fine now.
If any widget has a problem, just open it in the builder, and using the wizard/settings menu, click on "Update".
Let us know.
- naguibihelekAnswered on September 13, 2016 at 04:19 PM
Sorry, I've tried everything in my arsenal and I still don't see any difference.
Would you please help me out here.
I still get the big red field required warning, which doesn't go away when I make a change to the order - even if I go to next page and come back, and the page has errors message spills over onto following pages just as it did before.
- JotForm SupportTitusNdokaAnswered on September 13, 2016 at 11:02 PM
Could it be this form? https://www.jotform.com/form/60165666293259
Which question is still showing the validation error (that does not clear) on your form?
Your browser is most likely caching the older widget version.
I've cleared your form caches, you might also want to clear your browser cache as well.
- naguibihelekAnswered on September 14, 2016 at 10:16 AM
I've tried different browser on different computers - Chrome and Safari on 2 different systems as well as my iPad. How do I record this, so you can see?
From the very first ordered list page 4 and all following pages.
How do I upload a file recording for you to see.
- KadeJMAnswered on September 14, 2016 at 11:58 AM
Please verify with us which form this is on per Titus's request above?
Also, You may add your attachment here via embed using the source code button or via sharable url link if hosted somewhere else already.
Alternatively, you can try email it to us at email@example.com in reference to this thread.
- naguibihelekAnswered on September 14, 2016 at 12:19 PM
That form is correct.
- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on September 14, 2016 at 01:53 PM
I did check your form and I was able to replicate the issue you are having. Since you have several "Orderable list" widget in your form, I went ahead and updated few of the Orderable list widget in your form and that seems to have solved your problem. I was able to move to next page by changing the order. Please check the screenshot below:
Please check the screenshot below how to update the Orderable list widget:
I would suggest you to please update the remaining Orderable list widget and that should solve your problem. DO try it out and get back to us if you have any trouble.
- naguibihelekAnswered on September 15, 2016 at 10:43 AM
I did this on a number of the widgets, and there are still problems with how this is working - or not working as it seems. I sent a couple of video recordings to support. It is really starting to hurt my business, not being able to get this resolved.
1. The required field error message is not cleared until you make more than one change. I say more than one, because sometimes it takes two changes, other times 3, then later it may work after first change.
2. The page error persists from page to page, because if after the first change the required field error message is not cleared, the system allows you to click next and go next page, but because there is an error on the previous page, the error message stays on the screen.
3. I have over half-dozen forms with over 50 pages in each. Your suggested fix means I need to update over 300 widgets, because of a change that was made by developers that broke every orderable list in my system. Thank you very much.
- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on September 15, 2016 at 01:02 PM
Do you mean to say that the widget are not working even after updating the widget in your form?
This is strange and I am not sure what is causing this. I did check several pages of your form again and it seems to work as expected. Please check the screenshot below:
Where have you sent the videos of the issue? I am unable to see any videos in your post. I would suggest you to please share the videos again and we will take a look.
We will wait for your response.
- naguibihelekAnswered on September 15, 2016 at 01:13 PM
I sent videos to firstname.lastname@example.org since I am unable to upload these here myself.
In watching your video I think the issue is related to which item is used to change order.
If I follow your video exactly it works fine.
However, in my testing I tended to use the bottom entry for all my tests, so maybe it's something to do with when the user shifts the bottom entry in the ordered list.
Please let me know if you received my videos.
- naguibihelekAnswered on September 15, 2016 at 01:33 PM
Found a screen to gif capture.
Here is what's happening.
- JotForm SupportBDAVIDAnswered on September 15, 2016 at 03:35 PM
Thanks for the .gif example, I encounter the same issue in some of the widgets:
I cloned your form, and cleared forms cache, but the error still reproduces. I will forward this to our back-end team. You will be updated via this thread.
- JotForm SupportTitusNdokaAnswered on September 20, 2016 at 03:16 AM
We've sent a second update. Could you check if your form is working OK now?
Sorry for all the trouble.
- JotForm SupportBDAVIDAnswered on September 20, 2016 at 11:34 AM
@naguibihelek, to add on, I can confirm our widgets team fixed it. This is working correctly in your form now:
Let us know if you need anything else.
- naguibihelekAnswered on September 20, 2016 at 12:02 PM
- naguibihelekAnswered on October 09, 2016 at 09:23 AM
I am still encountering problems with this.
A couple of clients reported this problem, so I thought I would test it out. Everything was wroking fine till the end (not sure that's relevant), as you can see from GIF video somehow although there were no errors on previous page it is indicating an error, which I had to go back a few screens to find it, and although I was pretty sure that I had changed that order, it wanted it changed again.
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on October 09, 2016 at 11:45 AM
I could not reproduce the problem when I tested your form. My submission went through just fine.
I have also created a simple form for testing purposes and it is working as expected https://form.jotform.com/62824182494966.
In your GIF, you were able to move to the next page without making any changes on the required orderable list widget which is not supposed to be possible in its current behavior. Perhaps the update hasn't taken effect yet in your browser due to caching. Please try to clear your browser's cache, this might help. I have also cleared your form cache on our side.
Like my colleague, I am getting this error when moving to the next page without changing the default order of the list. The error is automatically cleared when there's a change on the order.
Hope this helps. Please update us whenever you need our assistance again.
- naguibihelekAnswered on October 09, 2016 at 01:30 PM
I fully agree that this should not happen. However it unfortunately does.
Since a client reported this occurring on their computer where they've never run this before, it can't be cache related. As well, I was able to duplicate it on our system.
I think the trick to duplicate it is to force the error towards the end of the questionnaire on page 51 or 52 by not making a change. Something weird happens when you do that. Problem never occurs on earlier pages.
- JotForm SupportBDAVIDAnswered on October 09, 2016 at 02:00 PM
How many users have reported the issue? I just cloned your form, and forced the required validation to show up from page 50 to 52, and after making the order change, the warning disappeared just fine:
Is there any specific browser they were using?