- JotForm SupportKiranAnswered on September 12, 2016 at 08:51 PM
I have tried the entry limits on a different form and they seem to be working fine. However, after testing it further, I am able to replicate the issue at my end with the Text area by adding the Hint Example to the field. When the field is not having Hint Example/Placeholder, the entry limit is working fine.
Let me forward the issue to our backend team to take a look. Once we have any update in this regard, you'll be posted here.
Meanwhile, please remove the placeholder text on the field so that the entry limits should be working on your JotForm.
- EngineerGirlAnswered on September 13, 2016 at 11:02 AM
Thank you! I like using the placeholder field, but this does seem to work for my form.
- JotForm SupportKiranAnswered on September 13, 2016 at 12:14 PM
Since the issue is now forwarded to our backend team, you'll be posted here once we have any news in this regard. I've checked your form now and see that the placeholder text is removed and the character/word count is working fine. Once the issue is resolved, you may put the placeholder text again for the text area field.
- JotForm SupportNicholasWestleyAnswered on September 18, 2016 at 01:29 AM
Hi, this has now been fixed. Please let us know if you have any problems.
- EngineerGirlAnswered on September 19, 2016 at 08:41 AM
Great! Thank you.