- schung505Asked on September 13, 2016 at 04:54 PM
I am creating a form that is going to be used to create a database. These fields are continuously being updated.
I would like to re-send the entire form with the new fields including the fields already filled out.
I already added the fields in the original JotForm, but cannot forward the submissions with those new fields
Is there a way to do this?
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on September 13, 2016 at 06:28 PM
If you would like to send the same form to users to update their previous submission data with the new fields, you would need to send them the edit link for their specific submission. You can manually create the edit link, just follow these steps:
1. Use this URL: http://submit.jotform.co/form.php?formID=
2. Add to the URL your form ID, the string of number that is at the end of your form URL.
So, now the URL will be this way: http://submit.jotform.co/form.php?formID=40687123456789
3. Then add to the URL the this part: &sid=
So, it becomes this way: http://submit.jotform.co/form.php?formID=40687123456789&sid=
4. After, that look for the submission of your form users in the Submission page of your form. Once you find it copy the ID and paste it after the URL:
The URL will become like this:
4. Then, add this part to the URL &mode=edit
And the URL will become this way: http://submit.jotform.co/form.php?formID=40687123456789&sid=12345678900&mode=edit
Make sure to replace the current form and submission IDs (false ID) by your form ID.
Finally you will be able to share the whole URL to your form users so that they can edit their information.
There is no way to do this automatically for old submissions.
For new submissions, you can include the edit link in your email autoresponder:
This will send a pre-made edit link with each submission so you do not have to recreate them manually later.