- commercialkingsAsked on September 14, 2016 at 09:14 AM
Received this IPN Error last night.
- JotForm SupportChriistianAnswered on September 14, 2016 at 11:42 AM
Can you check on your Paypal account if the IPN settings is enabled? If the IPN setting is disabled, please enable it and see if it will fix the issue. To enable the IPN settings on your Paypal account please check the instructions provided in this article: How to Enable IPN for Paypal.
- commercialkingsAnswered on September 14, 2016 at 01:32 PM
- commercialkingsAnswered on September 14, 2016 at 02:11 PM
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on September 14, 2016 at 03:56 PM
Are these related to your form(s)? If yes, please share with us the form URLs. It says "Retrying" and this should not take time, but based on your screenshot, you have this error since September 12. Can you check again and let us know if the old ones are still like that?
I also wonder if you are collecting other payments outside Jotform. Let us know and we'll forward this to our backend team for further checking.
- commercialkingsAnswered on September 14, 2016 at 04:30 PM
YEs, this is related to my forms. I collect payments outside of Jotform, but very rarely. The transactions you see are jotform transactions. the form is found here: commercialkings.com/djdrops
- JotForm SupportKiranAnswered on September 14, 2016 at 06:08 PM
Please try enabling the IPN on your PayPal account and make sure that the JotForm URL is set correctly. You can also resend the IPN by following the steps below:
1. Sign into your PayPal account
2. Under My Account, hover over history and click on IPN History
3. Under Search, select a time period in which the order can be found and click on Search. Select the relevant transaction/s > click Resend Selected.
4. Select the relevant transaction/s
5. Click Resend Selected.
Also, please try changing the IPN URL to http://www.jotform.com/ipns/paypal.php and see if that makes any difference.
Let us know how it goes. I am also forwarding the issue to our backend team to take a look. If there is any update in this regard, you'll be posted here.
- commercialkingsAnswered on September 16, 2016 at 03:02 PM
Hi, I changed my IPN URL to what you provided, I'm still receiving the error.
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on September 16, 2016 at 04:43 PM
I think the problem was caused by a server security issue we had recently. This has already been resolved for a short while now. Would you mind checking again this time? You can switch back to https if you want to https://www.jotform.com/ipns/paypal.php
Also, kindly try re-sending failed IPNs on older submissions through your PayPal account so that the incomplete submissions will be completed successfully.
Please let us know if the issue persists so our developers will further investigate this matter.
- JotForm SupportpaulsimpsonAnswered on September 17, 2016 at 11:09 AM
If you are still receiving the error please can you change the URL to https://ipn.jotform.com/ipns/paypal.php
- commercialkingsAnswered on September 19, 2016 at 02:52 PM
I received the error again, last night.
- JotForm SupportKiranAnswered on September 19, 2016 at 03:54 PM
Thank you for updating us on this issue. Your message has reached our backend team and the issue shall be further investigated.
Thank you for your patience.