- nschulteAsked on April 19, 2012 at 08:23 AM
I'd like the thank you page to open in a new window
Is there a way to do this?
- nschulteAnswered on April 19, 2012 at 08:47 AM
- moonzkieAnswered on April 19, 2012 at 08:49 AM
Please follow these steps:
1. First get the full source code of your form. To do that:
a. Open Setup & Share tab on toolbar.
b. Click on Embed Form.
d. Click on Source Code.
2. Look for the firsttag and insert thhe following code:
so that it becomes:
<form class="jotform-form" action="http://www.jotform.com/submit.php" method="post" name="form_10424741277" id="10424741277" accept-charset="utf-8" onSubmit="window.open ('http://www.example.com/example.htm','mywindow','width=400,height=200')">The highlighted numbers represent the Form ID, so change it accordingly. While the URL http://www.example.com/example.htm represents the page you want to pop up (i.e. Thank You message) once the Submit button is clicked.
We hope you find this information helpful. Please let us know if you need further assistance.
- DabsterAnswered on April 19, 2012 at 01:22 PM
But what happens with the form after the submit? It is possible to set the url yet? Cuz I want to show the "Thank You" page in a new window and the window that has the form I want it to go back to the first page of the form. Is it possible? Thx in advance
- nschulteAnswered on April 19, 2012 at 02:30 PM
same question. I actually also wanted to try to have it go directly to a downloable ebook file
- DabsterAnswered on April 19, 2012 at 02:46 PM
I can't edit the source code, sorry but i didn't get it.
First i went to the tab Set Up & Embed (cuz i think it has changed).
After I clicked on the Embed Form and then Source. But there isn't a way to put any code there. Could you please tell me what's wrong with my steps? Thx in advance.
- pinoytechAnswered on April 19, 2012 at 05:49 PM
To be able for to edit your form source code:
1. Copy your form source code
2. Open a Notepad or something else that you were able to edit the code
3. Paste the code into Notepad, etc.
4. Follow/Apply the code's that moonzkie posted above
5. Re-embed your form code into your website using the updated codes then delete browsing cache and cookies
Hope this helps.
Thank you for your patience!