- LeeAsked on September 15, 2016 at 09:31 AM
I understand that a user can update a form after submitting. However, I'd like to know if there is a way to implement the following:
(1) I create form that only has Question#1 and the user's email
(2) User completes form
(3) I add Question#2 to the form
(4) I send the user an email asking to update the form (can i send a unique link for that user?)
(5) User can do three things: (1) click on link to the form, (2) answer Question #2, (3) View/update question #1
WEEK 3 repeats a similar process to Week 2.
Can you please let me know if this is possible? If yes, i'm especially interested in how to handle step number 4. I'm OK if it requires some manual work on my end.
Thanks a TON!
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on September 15, 2016 at 11:55 AM
You can take advantage of our Edit Submission feature. Here's how you can do it: https://www.jotform.com/help/40-How-to-Let-Users-Update-Their-Form-Submissions-at-a-Later-Date.
If you don't want to give users the edit link on the first week submission, you can build it manually and send it on the second week. You can grab the email addresses of the submitters in the submissions page.
The edit link is this:
http://submit.jotformeu.com/edit/XXX where XXX is the Submission ID. You can copy the submission ID in the form submissions page.
Here's how you can view the submissions page: https://www.jotform.com/help/269-How-to-view-Submissions.
I hope that helps and let us know if you have any further questions.