- erikastimacAsked on September 15, 2016 at 07:48 PM
Please look at this form:
It is a registration form for a Norway & Finland tour. I made this form by cloning a form I use for an Ecuador tour. I have changed every title I can find for this Norway form (i.e, in every email reply, etc.) but please note that the title on the webpage for the form still shows the original title from the Ecuador form that I cloned it from (please see the screenshot). How do I fix this?
- JotForm SupportBDAVIDAnswered on September 15, 2016 at 10:45 PM
Please try the following:
1) Clear your forms cache: https://www.jotform.com/help/229-How-to-Clear-Your-Form-Cache
2) Clear your browser cache.
Let us know if you need more help.
- erikastimacAnswered on September 16, 2016 at 08:26 AM
Okay, I cleared my Jotforms cache along with my browser cache and this did not work. :(
FWIW, this tab/page title is showing the wrong name in Chrome, Firefox & IE on my PC, as well as in Safari on my Mac, so my hunch is that this isn't some artifact/cache issue.
Any other ideas?
Thank you for your help!
- JotForm SupportJohn_BensonAnswered on September 16, 2016 at 09:08 AM
You can try changing the Page Title under the Preferences menu. Here's how:
1. Go to the Advanced tab.
2. Click the Show More button.
3. Change or edit the Page Title.
4. Click the Save Changes button when you're done.
I hope that works. Let us know if you need further help.