- murcjotAsked on April 20, 2012 at 12:25 PM
Can you add validation to the Phone Number Fields so that it can accept numbers and also typical phone number special characters such as dashes and parenthesis?
- gori-mathewAnswered on April 20, 2012 at 02:07 PM
Unfortunately,There is no validation on the phone field. It can only check if the user has entered something when you enable the required option.
Below are more links on the work around guidelines to achive the phone validation.
Thanks for contacting us.
- JotForm SupportkennethAnswered on March 25, 2013 at 06:07 AM
We have added a new feature into the Phone Question, we called it the Phone masking, the validation of phonenumber input is now depends on how the form owner put the masking.
For example. the default masking is ####-#####, the # symbols represent the numbers to be entered. Try it and let me know your comments. Please try to clean your browser cache to get the latest updates.
- benjaminaureliusAnswered on August 03, 2014 at 07:43 PM
thanks to the search I came over the masking feature. It is great and just what I needed.
There is one problem though: If you enter a mask, e.g. "(020) ###-####" and you set the field on "Required" it will never prompt the user with an error message --> because it is always completly filled with data. In this case it would give out the string "(020) ___-____".
I hope you could set the requirement so, that the user really has to fill out ALL # with his own numbers. Thank you so much!
- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on August 04, 2014 at 01:10 AM
It seems you are correct.
This is a very old thread and I have moved your question to a new thread and you will be answered on the following thread: http://www.jotform.com/answers/411478
- AKHALESHAnswered on December 26, 2015 at 12:16 PM
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on December 26, 2015 at 03:15 PM
You can create a new thread about your issue using this link http://www.jotform.com/contact/